Friday, July 11, 2008

Amanda's Birthday Gift



Amanda choose to make the most of her 30th birthday by receiving her living endowments at the Mt Timpanogos temple. It was a fun and refreshing experience for me. I loved seeing her happy face when she made those sacred covenants. It put the gospel in a whole new perspective for me. I'm so glad that she shared her special day with me!

Amanda wrote about her experience on her blog:

My temple experience was ABSOLUTELY-AWESOMELY-AMAZING!!!!! I loved every bit of it!! I’ll admit, it was different…..but SO SO SO C-O-O-L!!! All of the cute workers, along with my family and friends, said that they have never seen anyone so excited to go through the temple!!! I’m sure they have, but they just thought it was fun seeing someone so excited. Apparently I was glowing and just happy as a lark! Little Miss Sunshine was definitely in the building!! I wasn’t nervous one bit which is actually quite unlike me. I just felt so prepared and ready for it that I could hardly contain myself!!!

My favorite was the washing and anointing and the beautiful blessings I received. Wow!!! It was pretty much the COOLEST THING EVER!!! Can you tell I’m still so excited?!! I’m so appreciative of all the love and support that everyone gave me. It felt really great and the fact that I actually accepted the love open-heartedly was even better. I just went around hugging everyone in sight!! The temple workers, my family, my bishop and his wife, and my cute little friends! I loved seeing everyone in their “white dress”. Wow! I loved it!! But I was a little worried that I may have been irreverent or something. I definitely still need to learn my temple etiquette. Especially what you can and cannot share outside of the temple. I wish I could just tell everyone everything so they could know what they are missing out on!!!! I just don’t get why people wouldn’t want to go to the temple every chance they can get. Sigh……

Anyway…most importantly, I felt my Heavenly Father’s love for me! It’s hard to describe other than it just felt SOOOO GOOD!!! My “ROAR” is louder than it has ever been in my life!!! Seriously. I’m not making it up. The temple is just so dang awesome!! I can’t wait to go back again and again and again!! My stake president just told me to enjoy the moment and not to think about it too much the first time, so that’s what I did. But now….it has opened up a whole can of worms into my little questioning mind. There is so much to learn and I can’t wait to increase my knowledge!!!! Any recommendations on where to start? I guess just going to the temple as much as I can is the way to go….especially since I’m a beginner.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails