Friday, November 2, 2007

Wing's new Job, by Wing









Hey there country cousins and backyard friends,

I want to announce that I have a new job. Starting Nov. 5th (Monday) I will be working as a Supervisor of a video interpreting call center (Hands On Video Relay Services). It was a difficult decision for the whole family, but after turning it down twice and being re-offered the job twice with positive adjustments to the benefits package and salary, we couldn't say no.

Some of the nice things about the job? 30 days of Paid Time Off, more visiting family time; Health and Dental, after Halloween we'll need it; Exempt status, playing with Kate in the middle of the day; and I'm the boss!

Some may know of my entreprenurail spirit and may crinkle your brow at this announcement. Yes, I am taking a 9-5 job (grin), although The flame of innovation is still alive! In fact the predicatablitily of this job will allow me to compartmentalize my business building efforts.

hmmmm...curious on what I'm working on?

1) A stock photography website specializing on sign language centric images. Melissa and my brother Han are putting it together as we speak. Just look at this blog and we know its going to be great!

2) An internet advertising company selling a frameless signing spokesperson product for, you guessed it sign language centric websites. I just signed the business agreement and it should be up in two weeks.

3) an ad supported video website, again focusing on sign centric programming. I've been researching this and develping over the last year. Its a slower process because there are two other owners in on this one. I liken this project to developing the printing press for sign languge.

Ok...enough about me, lets talk about you. LOL.

Thank you all for your participation in Blog-a-Butler, If you could see Parker and Grace's eyes when they read the comments, they call it compliments (adorable), you would see the delight, love and connection they have with each one of you. Thank you for enriching our lives.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Wing! So you took the job, eh? I know you'll make a great boss...wish I had one. :) Anyway, congrats and good luck buddy! (Not like you need it)

Anonymous said...

An actual J.O.B.? What is the world coming to? Wing Butler has a job!?!?! Wow! Sounds like fun. We miss you guys....

Anonymous said...

Wing,

Congrats! This sounds like a great job and I am sure that you will be wonderful at it. I just wish it was closer so that I could snuggle those kids of yours. I am proud of you - you are capable of so many things. Good luck!

Anonymous said...

Great news Wing,
I want to leave my compliment to you ( the kids should not be the only ones receiving them). I have no doubt that you will be successful in this job and any other thing that you pursue. You have been blessed with many talents and abilities. Give yourself a pat on the back and love to Missy and the darling children.

Anonymous said...

Hi,
I am the person who forgot to state her name on the previous comment. I want to be sure that you know that I am sending my love and best wishes to all of you. XOXOX

Anonymous said...

Wing,
You are hanging in there and doing a great job! I know that you can succeed and do well at anything you try. Thanks for taking such good care of Jolene and I. Breakfast and dinner were delicious!!! See you soon. Be careful and do not let them take any of your creative ideas away from you. Keep us posted.
Love, Granny D.

Anonymous said...

BOO I want my money back this isn't the greatest thing since sliced cheeze!!! ha Good one on ya bro, HOVRS is some good cookie, (esp since I saw they sponcered matt hammill) and I love Ron he's a good cat. Have fun in the vurtual world of Terping, I hope to see you in the real world some time... (but you gotta keep your hands off of me!) ha

Uncle Clayler

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails