Thursday, June 12, 2008

My First Baby, by Grace


This year for Mothers Day... I was a little Mother of a baby chick! I like to take care of the chick, but not clean up it's poop. Also, it is fun to play with it. Even when it follows me around like a little puppy. My chicks name was Amy and it was a boy, but my class liked to think of it as a boy and a girl combined because we would like it to be a girl most. I didn't like it when the baby chick would chirp all night so I couldn't sleep. When I left the baby chick alone and went downstairs, it would chirp and chirp for me to play with it. Joey was probably upset that I did not play with him because I mostly had to take care of the chick. Amy jumps from wall to wall and I don not like it when she jumps and poops at the same time. I got the baby chick from my teacher, Ms Borum. My baby chick did not hatch so my friends shared it with me and Ms Borum let me take it home because she said I was a special girl. I only had it for the weekend and I don't have it now. It lives at Ms Borum's house. She said Amy is safe at home with her and that I can visit her when I want to. I love my baby chick, Amy! (Or Amylio, if you want to call her a boy name!)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Grace,
I loved Amy! She is bigger than I thought she was (and so her poop was probably bigger too). I liked your article and I can tell that you really loved her. Maybe you can visit her sometime at your teacher's home. I hope you are having fun with Gabe at your house. Tell Parker and Kate, "hi"!

Anonymous said...

Grace -

What a cute baby chick! I bet that if you were to go to your teachers house, Amy would remember you, because you ARE a very special girl. That's great practice for when you're a Mommy yourself!

Anonymous said...

Amy is so cute! I am so glad that she got to stay with you. I bet she loved being at your home with all the love and attention that only you could give a baby chick. I am so proud of you Grace! You make my eyes sparkle, my face smile, and my heart sing when I think about you. You will truly make a great mom someday.
Love you,
XOXO Granny

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails