Wednesday, February 25, 2009

The Newest Bear


Last week Parker was honored at pack meeting by obtaining all of the required badges to receive the rank of bear. His birthday isn't for another 4 months so he is very early. Now he is working on his arrows and already has two.

Parker is very proud of his uniform and many belt loops. We were at the park after scouts last Wednesday and he boosted a friend up onto a high snake statue. His friend's Mom said, "Wow Parker! You are very strong!" Parker opened up his jacket in superman fashion to reveal his scout uniform underneath and said, "How do you think I got all these patches!?" What a man!

Parker has also had to memorize and perform in school. He memorized a required poem called "Turn off the TV" by Bruce Lansky and recited it to his class. He has great expression and wasn't afraid when he had to say the Mom's lines in the poem. He memorized the two pager in just a couple of days and did a wonderful job. Mrs. Stolworthy was quoted as saying, "Wow! That just popped in all the right places. Great job, Parker!"

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on getting your BEAR award Parker! I know it took a lot of hard work...I am so proud of you:)
I love the poem you memorized. You made it come alive for me with your expression and voice. I giggled all night! I am afraid that I can not let another Butler go to Hollywood. All three of you are STARS and I would be so lonely while you were making movies. Hope to see you soon!
Granny D.

Liz Prisbrey said...

That's awesome! I'm glad he is excited about Scouts. Mason starts this summer and I really hope he gets into it. :-)

Amanda Diane said...

Wow Buddy!!! You got your Bear early?! I've always known you were a smartie pants! :) I'm sooooo proud of you. You'll have to show me all your cool scout loops and patches and stuff. I love those sort of things! It always feels so good to accomplish things, doesn't it? Well, I miss you heaps and heaps and can't wait to come visit you when Emily comes! Love you to death!!! :)

Anonymous said...

Parker, Way to go on becoming a Bear! I used to be a den mother in the scouts and I know it takes a lot of work to meet the requirements. I wish I could have heard you recite your part in school. You are just too good at everything. Now that you are a bear, maybe you can growl as loud as Grandpa D. Hope to see you soon and I will give you a big Bear hug. Love, Aun Mamie

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails