Friday, July 31, 2009

Oquirrh Mountain Utah Temple


We got the opportunity to attend the Oquirrh Mountain Utah Temple's open house today. The kids were thrilled to go inside the temple and see all of the different rooms. We got the opportunity to sit and relax in one of the sealing rooms and see our family reflected through the mirrors. It was awesome to see my family  repeat throughout eternity. While it was very crowded, there was a soft spirit inside that calmed the grouchiness of waiting in line.

Parkers favorite room was the baptismal font. He can't wait until he is 12 and can do baptisms for the dead. He had a million questions and I loved discussing the temple's importance in our lives with him. Sometimes I think that Parker is a little Bishop in training. I look up to him in so many ways.
Grace also like the baptismal font, but really loved the sealing rooms and looking through the eternity mirrors.  Seeing her gaze through eternity gave me a glimpse of how beautiful she is inside and out. Her sweet countenance reflected through those mirrors and I was in awe at the beauty of that site.
Kate liked the alter in the sealing room and knelt on the side to see what it will feel like when she marries Daddy. She was so excited to visit a real temple. She held my hand and quietly listened to all of our comments. I'm so glad that she has her sites set on temple marriage and loves the temple at such an early age.
I am so grateful that I got to share this opportunity with my little family. Being in the sealing room with all of my children was priceless. Each of them had a reverence that the spirit spoke softly to. I think I felt a little bit of heaven today.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails