Wednesday, January 16, 2008

From Santa's Lap, by Melissa

Oops! This post is a little late... Better late than never, right?
On December 15, our family attended the Heritage Ward Christmas Party. It was loads of fun! All of the primary children participated in a nativity by wearing costumes and singing special songs they've been practicing in primary for the past few weeks. It was beautiful and all of the parents just loved it. It was also fun to see a whole bunch of "Marys" and "Josephs" in the crowd of children, but for some reason the many "Baby Jesuses" didn't fully participate. Sound familiar?

We also sang carols and I must admit that the Butler table was one of the loudest. I won't say that we were the most harmonious, but we definitely were heard singing, "Three french hens" to the Twelve Days of Christmas song when it was our turn. We laughed our bums off all twelve times too!

Santa was a big surprise, especially for Kate. He came ringing in right behind her and her eyes just lit up as his bowl full of jelly passed her. Remember that Kate won't go to nursery alone, but when she sat on Santa's lap not a tear was shed. Parker and Grace were very proud of her!



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kate,
Way to go! Santa is a nice, jolly old soul, isn't he? You were brave not to cry! I used to howl when I saw Santa.
Mindy

Anonymous said...

Hey you three Butler kiddies! Why didn't you tell me you are all fantastic "Three French Hen" singers?! I'm soooo going to have to come visit again so I can hear it for myself in person...because I'm not sure I can believe it until I hear it. :)

And as for Kate's bravery...she deserve a big gold star!!!

Love you guys!!
-Manda

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails