Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Tooting My Own Horn, by Melissa


DISCLAIMER: This posting consists of me heavily tooting my own horn. (Don't worry, it's not the stinky kind!)

Guess what? I am celebrating a major Weight Watchers achievement today! At precisely 10:03 am, I hit my 10% weight loss goal. I've been working on this for 17 weeks now and I'm just ecstatic! This bring my total weight loss to 23.6 lbs which is above and beyond my initial 10% goal. I received a major award, the coveted cooper key chain (yuck, I wanted silver) and the 16 week "way to stick to it" gold charm. WATCH OUT BIGGEST LOSER, HERE I COME!

I want to thank all of the people who helped me receive this award ...

Family and friends-Thank you for the inspiration. Thank you to everyone for the compliments and long distance thoughts of love. All of my friends and family are so very supportive and boost my confidence in ways you cannot imagine.

WW support buddy-It was a great feeling to realize that I am worth fighting for and find the support I needed to back me up. The last 2-3 weeks have been very frustrating in terms of weight loss and I hit a small plateau that didn't help. But, while talking with my friend Becky Hogge, who is doing Weight Watchers with me, I realized that I am worth fighting for and I don't want to coin myself as a quitter.

My hubby-Wing helped me realize that I deserve to feel good about myself and care enough to do something about it. So I started tracking my eating habits, reduced my sodium intake, ate my veggies and milk portions and it really paid off. I'm just tickled to share this moment with him!

Diane and Amanda-Thanks for the Weight Watchers scale. I weigh myself 2 to 3 times a day. (I know, that's a bit obsessive.) I even weigh myself before and after going potty 'cause it's amazing how much that stuff weighs and it makes me feel instantly skinnier. Plus, I am able to check my progress on a daily basis which helped me to know what foods are best for my body. YOUR THE BEST SISTER and MOM EVER!

Parker, Grace and Kate-Thanks for wrapping your arms around me and saying, "Look Mom, I can touch my fingers!" It was also nice when they warned me of sabotage over the Christmas break when we received yummy goodies from our friends. I now know that eating yummy goodies is not how you win the Biggest Loser competition.

I love all of you tons and tons,

The "Skinnier" Melissa

P.S. By the way, I only have 12 more pounds to lose and I will hit my life time healthy weight goal. Then Weight Watchers will be free because I will be a LIFETIME MEMBER! If you thought this post was a little braggy... wait until you read that one. Yipee!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Melissa,
You are so awesome! How do you have the self control? Especially with those buffets and great restaurants only moments away! Way to go girl! Love and miss your skinny body,
Mindy

Michelle said...

Wow you are good. I wish I had that much control. I can't ever pass up something yummy. I hope things are going well in Vegas. Thanks for the Christmas card it was so cute!

Anonymous said...

What can I say?! I'm at a loss for words!!! I'm so proud of my most favoritest big sister ever!!!

Three cheers for Missy...HIP HIP HOORAY...HIP HIP HOORAY...HIP HIP HOORAY!!!! When I grow up, I hope I can be as cool as her!!!!!!

Manda :)

Sherry said...

Melissa -
Congratulations! What a great accomplishment. It's not easy to stick to. You should toot your own horn! Good luck on your final weight loss.

Anonymous said...

You are such a good example for all of us. I never doubted that you would not succeed. Waiting in the car for me to get to get my french onion soup and sandwich took guts! I wish that I could see you in your new clothes. TOOT...TOOT here comes the glamorous Melissa Kaye who is the mother of 3 active children ! I am proud of you and always will be!
Love you,
MOM

Anonymous said...

My sweet, skinny, hot look'n super friend, congratulations! To have discipline enough to succeed at anything is spectacular! And that you set the goal and got it is evidence of your strength of character. Dang I am so lucky! You may be skinny but your spirit is HUGE! LOL.

Anonymous said...

Melissa,
What a wonderful achievement you have accomplished. You have always been so beautiful and I know losing some pounds makes you feel closer to how beautiful you really are. The holidays are tough times to try and stay with your healthy eating habits, but you did it, so the last pounds you want to lose should be smooth sailing, not as many temptations. You are an example to me in so many ways. You always have been and always will be. Congratulations!
Aunt Mamie

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails