Thursday, September 10, 2009

Locks of Love


Grace wanted to get her hair cut for her birthday. We cut it the day before her birthday so she could show it off at school on her real birthday. My cute friend Ciera cut her hair and suggested that if we are cutting off 4 to 6 inches why not go with 8 inches and donate the hair to locks of love. With the passing of Pammy in January, Grace thought that would be a great gift to give someone. Even better because she will be giving it to them on her own birthday.

She loved every minute of it! I on the other hand was choked up the whole time because my little Gracie was growing up right before my eyes. I had to grip onto the sink for balance so I wouldn't embarrass Grace with my crying.

Holding the big pony tail of love.

The finished product: One beautiful, very happy, almost 9 year old girl! 
Want to donate your valuable hair to children in need? Check out locksoflove.org for more information.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was so much fun to watch you and your mother at the salon. You were so grown-up. Sorry about your mom getting emotional. It is what mom's do at times. I loved being there and seeing that huge smile of yours.
Locks of love is very lucky to get such gorgeous hair from a beauty like you!
Happy 9th b. day
Ganny D.

Aunt Jolene said...

She's gorgeous! Definitely a model and so mature!
Thanks for the pictures.

Aunt Ku Mei said...

Wahoo! Tell Gracie that Auntie Ku Mei has donated 12 inches twice to Locks of Love!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails