Friday, September 11, 2009

Where Did My Little Girl Go?


Grace turned 9 years old today! What happened to my little girl? She's a woman now! It's been 9 wonderfully fast years with this bundle of joy. From the three layers of rollie pollie legs, teeny tiny Grace sayings, pierced ears and new grown up haircut--This girl has been a sweet joy to raise. I often ask myself how I got so lucky to be her Mom. It is such a privilege to have Grace in my life. Her smile is a ray of sunshine that points straight at my heart. Her sweet soft spirit is so kind and loving. She always knows just what we need. She completes our family circle in a way that only Grace can. We are so grateful to have you, Grace. We love you.


This year Grace requested crepes for breakfast and popeye pancakes for dinner with a hearty portion of berries and cream on top of both meals. Poor girl had to go to school on her birthday... But she got a surprise call from the office to be checked out early for a pedicure with Mom, Grandma and Kate.


Kate was my best helper and put the finishing touches on the strawberry cake.


The big gift this year was her "just like me American Girl Doll." I love that she wanted a doll. I loved dolls when I was her age and this one is a keepsake. Her love for dolls lets me hold onto her childhood a little bit longer. Someday she will be a wonderful mother. Grace thought for sure that Grandma bought her clothes and she was right. They just weren't the right size. They fit her doll instead.


She got her first sleep over in the new house with her buddy and sometimes twin Alicia Robinson. Kate wanted to be a part of the action and made a little bed next to her sister, but she fell asleep within the first few minutes. Grace was nice enough to share her special moment with her little sister.


Emily and Daddy didn't last long either. It was an early night for them too.

Thank you Grace for being who you are. You have a unique influence on others and you touch their hearts for good. Never change and always be yourself. You are a trusted friend, delightful daughter, sweet sister and one of Heavenly Father's most loved companions. Thank you for sharing your life with us. We love you and happy birthday.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are everything that your mother said plus extras for everyone to love. Thank you for letting me spend a part of your BIG day. It was marvelous to be a part of Grace's b.day! You are my treasure...love you always!:)
Grandma D.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails