Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Another Bun In The Oven


It's official! We are expecting our fourth little bundle of joy! The baby is due on April 9, 2009. We are all very excited to see how this little one will turn out. 

When we made the announcement to our family we got some pretty funny responses:

Parker said, "I guess I will like the baby better when it's more like Kate's age. Newborns just aren't much fun. But, I hope we have a boy. I'll like that the most!"

Grace said, "I hope we have two babies because then we could get this whole baby thing over with and me and Parker could both hold a baby and not fight. But, new babies aren't exactly cute. They have to grow into that a bit."

Kate said, "Mommy has a baby in her tummy. It's cute! My baby in my tummy is cute too."

My Dad said with his typical hidden excitement, "What are we going to do with another Kate? I guess we'll just have to love this one too."

Wing said, "Maybe we should take this pregnancy test again. Are these things really accurate?"

Wing and I are just thrilled. After I had completed the necessary steps on the pregnancy text strip... ahem... we checked it together holding hands and saw the little positive line. We just looked at each other and grinned. Wing's eyes were huge! So far the best thing about being pregnant is Wing's nesting. He's been a great help with cleaning the house and getting ready for the little one. He even cleaned the garage! If being pregnant wasn't such a pain, I might do this a bit more often.

The kids love to see how the baby is growing in my tummy so I posted a little pregnancy ticker on our blog. They check it every day to see how the "little peanut" is growing.

Thank you for all of your positive comments and excitement for #4!

16 comments:

Unknown said...

Melissa, I am soo happy for you guys!! Thanks for sharing the wonderful news!!!
Rox

Anonymous said...

Congrats!! I'm so excited for you guys! I'm also glad that our two peanuts will be close to the same age. Makes family get-togethers fun for those cousins! I hope your pregnancy goes well. NO morning sickness;)

Wing, good job on the "nesting" ;) I know that it helps a TON when hubbies help out with the daily chores. Love you all!!

Mason clan 5 said...

Congrats!! 4 is a good number. Maybe one day I will get the nerve to take the blung. But I will stick with 3 for a while longer.

Sharla said...

Congratulations! Thanks for sharing the news with us. It's fun to keep in touch through cyber space.

Aunt Koosh said...

Yay! Congratulations! You've both worked hard to get to this place. Hooray! Don't tempt me to join on the bandwagon...just kiddin' Hugs to all da kids for me - Koosh

Will said...

Very cool. Congratulations guys.

Anonymous said...

Congrats to you! That is truly exciting!! I was just thinking about you guys the other day. We were at Bear Lake a couple weeks ago, and we thought of you guys. Hopefully you made it out there this summer, because it is a beautiful place! And let's hear it for those raspberry shakes. Yahoo!
Well, drop me a line when you have time--I had a blast watching your latest slideshows on your blog. Hilarious!!
Love you!! Trudy

Laura H said...

Melissa thats so cool. I;m with Parker hope its a boy. Didnt know you had a blog. It is very cute.
Laura Humphries

Anonymous said...

The Hunsakers can't wait for another Butler baby! They are so cute and it is fun to see what "flavor" they turn out to be. Hope all will go well with you and your pregnancy. We love you all and miss you!

Aunt Pammy

Anonymous said...

Wahooo! Congrats guys!

Sherry said...

Congrats! I vote with Parker. Then you'll be even. :)

Liz Prisbrey said...

Congratulations!! That is awesome! I love that you wrote down what your kids said. That is too funny.

Lindsey said...

Congratulations! I never see you anymore! I'm very excited for you, and hopefully it is a boy for Parkers sake!

Anonymous said...

Wow--great news! I'm so glad you have a blog so we can stay semi-connected!

Bruce

Michelle said...

Yeah! That's so exciting. I was just figuring it out and our babies will only be about 5 months apart. Congratulations.

Cindy said...

Congrats!! How exciting! I wish my husnand would nest. haha

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails