Monday, September 29, 2008

Grace's Baptism



This girl is straight from heaven! She has been so excited to be baptized and I beam with pride at her little testimony. It was so fun having my daughter get baptized. I got to wait for her just outside of the baptismal font and held her hand up the stairs and into the changing room. Being behind the scenes was very special. It felt like a privilege to be the first one to see and speak with Grace after she came out of the water. She was shivering wet, but grinning from head to toe. I asked her what it felt like and she said, "When I went under the water it felt like heaven. All warm and beautiful. I expected to see Jesus and Heavenly Father. I wanted to tell them, hello. Then I came out of the water and it was done." She continued to shiver and grin the whole time in the changing room. I've never seen her happier.


Here's a photo of the whole family after Grace's confirmation. She's still grinning!
Grace asked Papa Tim to baptize her. He was a little nervous because he had to perform Parker's baptism twice. This time he nailed it on the first try for his girl. Grace loves her Papa Tim.
Days like these remind us of what life is really about. Grace taught us to put away all of our worldly worries and focus on the little bit heaven Grace has brought to our family. Thank you for sharing your testimony with us today Grace. We love you!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I remember your smile from ear to ear as you came out of the water. You were beaming and you made us all feel our Father's spirit that special day. It was such a pleasure to go shopping with you to help you find your baptism dress. You did look like an angel!! You are setting good examples for us all...especially Kate and baby Emily! I miss you tons and can't wait to hug on you!
xoxoxo
Granny Diane

Amanda Diane said...

I am so proud of you for choosing to be baptized and becoming a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints! Most importantly, I know that your Heavenly Father is REALLY proud of your decision!! I am so grateful that "teeny-tiny-Gracie" is a part of our family! Life just wouldn't be the same without you. Keep being the beautiful, talented, sweet girl you are because you are so special to me! Congrats and I love you tons and tons!!! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails