Thursday, May 7, 2009

Classic Kate


We've been having a hard time getting Kate to sleep lately. She's caught the Jack-In-The-Box syndrome. She's always popping in and out of bed with some sort of unique excuse. So I decided to try a little positive reinforcement and went to the dollar store and bought a bunch of her favorite treats as a reward for the nights that she stayed in her bed. It worked great until the third or "fird" night. 

Here's a rundown of the nights events...

1. Kate out of her bed saying, "Mom, it's not me. I'm a robot."
2. Kate out of her bed saying, "I hate night time. Night time in your bed is better."
3. Kate out of her bed and going downstairs saying, "My new bed is on the couch. I am going to sleep on the couch now."
4. Kate on the couch refusing to go to her own bed stating, "I am in charge now."
5. Kate on the couch refusing to go to her own bed because it is not in her story. Her story says, "Kate will sleep on the couch."
6. Mom saying, "Then I will change your story to say Kate will sleep in her bed instead."
7. Kate replying, "It doesn't work that way. I'm in charge."
8. Mom says, "Then I will get the Super Readers (TV show characters) to help me change your story."
9. Kate gives Mom a crusty look and says, "Sorry, Mom. That's not real. I'm in charge here!"
10. Mom quickly realizes that Kate is in charge here and tries to regain control by picking up her little crying sweet heart and physically puts her in bed.
11. Kate cries in her bed and says, "I hate this plan."
12. Mom "sages" (massages) her back and Kate falls asleep in 30 seconds.
13. Whew!


Another classic Kate moment...

Amanda: "Kate where is your baby?"
Kate: "She's lost."
Amanda: "What happened to her?"
Kate: "She's just hangin' out."
Amanda: "Where?"
Amanda: Concerned that the baby is lost and that Kate will cry her eyes out after playing tenderly with the baby all day.
Kate: "I'll show you."
Kate: Climbs up the stairs and points to the baby doll half hanging from the stair rail. 
See above picture: Top right.
All: Laugh our bums off.
Kate: "What? She likes it."

Don't worry. Kate hasn't helped Emily hang out..... yet.

7 comments:

Cari J said...

Your bedtime ritual with Kate sounds so familiar!! I'm so glad my kids aren't the only ones that want to sleep ANYWHERE but their own beds!!

Bradley Clan said...

Too funny!

Lindsey said...

It's funny she has such a personality, I've never even heard her speak! We go through the same thing with Avrie everynight!

A Real Kansas Momma said...

So hilarious. I love it. Heidi has been going through a similar phase. Its a good thing these grils (girls) are so stinkin cute!

Liz Prisbrey said...

LOL!! What a cute little personality. :-)

Cav Family said...

So is so cute!

Lin said...

What a cutie! I just want to hug and kiss her!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails