Friday, June 12, 2009

Why Mom Can't Be A Kid & More, by Melissa


I Want To Be A Kid Again:

Kate and I went to the Mission Hills park with her preschool class after one of her field trips. It was a really hot day and the water feature was on. I expressed my desires to be a kid again and play in the water with Kate. This is what she said....

Melissa: "Kate, I want to be a kid again and play in the water. It's too hot out here."

Kate: "Mooommm! You can't be a kid again!"

Melissa: "Why not? I'd like to play with you."

Kate: "You can't be a kid because you have mommy milk in  your nippies and that makes you a Mom. That's it!"

Sprite:

Last week in sacrament meeting while the bread and water was being passed, Kate started to cry. I asked her what the matter was and she replied, "I don't want water. I want Sprite!" She then started to cry and I tried to muffle her cries by placing her favorite blanket over her mouth. When she didn't stop crying I took her out into the hallway. She started to cry for Sprite even louder and started to kick the wall. Not good. She cried off and on for the whole hour. Wing said he could hear her the whole time. She even sat in the corner during sharing time because she was still upset. That Sprite is a powerful thing!

Compliments:

While we were walking into church last week Grace said, "Hey Mom. Let's sit in front of a family with bad kids so that their parents will give us compliments because we are sooo good."

Girlfriends:

Parker finally confessed to me that girls have had crushes on him all of his life. In fact, several girls have asked him to "go out" with them since the first grade. I wasn't surprised. Parker's a handsome fellow! I asked him what he says when they ask him out. He said, "Don't worry Mom. I just say no. I'm not into girls." I tried not to laugh and asked, "So why do they keep asking you out if you always say no?" Parker rolled his eyes, let out a huge sigh and said, "Because I'm just a nice guy. I can't change that. It's just who I am." Thank heavens for nice boys.


5 comments:

Ben and Taryn said...

Seriously so funny. Your kids are so smart and too dang cute. I loved the comment about sitting by the bad kids. lol

Laura H said...

Ok we sit by you guys alot in church. I KNOW who the bad kids are.

Leanne said...

hahah you're kids are so cute! I will miss you guys in sunbeams:) Thanks for your great example melissa. you're an awesome mom! Hope you guys made it safe to Utah!!
miss you~Leanne Irons

Sharla said...

I need to remember to write down the cute things my munchkins say. Like the other day when my 2-year-old told me that I was a "big helper." Thanks for sharing your cute stories.

Oh, and the sprite story reminds me of when my Parker was younger and Dad told him to be quiet and think about Jesus during the sacrament. Parker said in a loud voice, "I don't want to think about Jesus, I want to think about Star Wars." The families around us were trying so hard not to laugh out loud and so were we.

Nicole said...

What an adorable post! I loved it. I am also glad I wasn't the only having a hard time not laughing when poor Mark barfed all over the place. Oh the lasting memories. We've been out of town and didn't get to say good-bye. Any time you want to come back to Henderson and sit in front of us, we will totally compliment your kids.(it was a rough one today!) Good luck on your new adventure! You guys are an amazing family and we will miss you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails