Thursday, June 4, 2009

Last Day of School

Today was the last day of school for my three little smarty pants. We've been blessed to have a wonderful year full of friends, laughs, learning, great teachers and confidence building. I couldn't have asked for anything more. Here's some of our favorite Dooley and Butterfly Magic moments:
Straight A students all year long and the cutest preschool graduate I've ever seen! It's rare to get straight A's each semester. It's also an accomplishment that their parents never achieved. We are so proud of them!
This year Grace went out on a "limb" and decided to participate more fully in crazy hair day with several pony tails all over her head. Parker was disappointed that his hair is too short to do much craziness with so he decided to wear a wig. Pretty gutsy and he wasn't embarrassed at all. In fact he was a big hit and wore the wig all day without taking it off!
We love participating in the class programs. This is Grace as the parrot in a tortoise and the hare like play. Unfortunately, Grace was not the star. Mark, the boy on the right, stole the show. He got sick in the middle of the play and started to throw-up all over the carpet. Parker and Kate barely escaped getting sprayed by Mark and the whole production paused while Ms. Peggy got a standing ovation for cleaning up the stinky mess. The parents with video cameras just stood there frozen with mouths wide open recording the whole disaster. It was hard not to laugh. You gotta love a good memory building moment! Once the mess was cleaned up, Mark felt much better and the kids finished the show.
I loved going on field trips with Kate's preschool. We went on a different trip each month. Kate says, "We went to the fire department two times. On the first time when I went there, no one was there all day! The next time there was fire guys there, but they had to leave to a fire because they have to help people. I liked my fire hat. It made my hair sweaty so I needed to take it off. Field trips are fun because my Mommy takes me on my field trips. But kids usually beated us there."
What a blessing good friends and great teachers are. Kate says, "I like Mrs. Deana to be my teacher. I like my Grandma too. I will like to say to Becca that you are mean. Aspen, you eat some food and we both have baby sisters now. I graduated from preschool  because I am a smarty paints!"
We've been blessed to have wonderful teachers that have built a learning environment full of encouragement. This is Parker's 4th grade teacher, Connie Stolworthy. She's also my friend Trudy's older sister and the bishops wife. Small world. Great people.
The fro came back by popular demand on the 60's themed day at Dooley. The kids didn't know what 60's day was and I wasn't too sure either, but they were proud of their costumes and had a lot of fun dressing up.
What a great year! Congratulations Parker, Grace and Kate!

1 comment:

Sharla said...

Congratulations on a great school year. Have a fun summer!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails