Tuesday, October 30, 2007

I WANT A CLUBHOUSE NOW!, by Parker














Today I learned about the pioneers. I figured how they made their houses back then. I'll tell you how.


Ingredients:

  • 12 bunches of hay, lots is best so it can be tall.
  • lots of weeds I mean lots of weeds so the hay will be held in place.
  • A shovel one that can dig good.
  • 2 stones for the roof.
  • And a ladder.
Directions:
  1. Dig a tunnel down that is a square. This will be your door.
  2. When the tunnel is long enough for your ladder, dig a room next to it. It needs to be big enough to fit 2 or 3 people.
  3. Put your ladder down your door hole.
  4. Use the hay to stack up above the ground around your door,but leave a spot for you to get in and out just like another door.
  5. Then use the weeds to hold the hay in place by tying them together and use them as ropes.
  6. Get the two stones and put them above the hay for your roof.
So I decided to build one in my backyard, but I've got a problem. I need a permit to build it. I just think that you don't need a permit! I OBJECT AND I WANT TO TALK TO THE MAYOR ABOUT THE PERMIT! And the permit costs $60.0 and I don't even have $60! It's just so DIFOBLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!! (That's why my picture is so mad!)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! I can tell that you have very strong feelings about this under ground club house. When I was a teenager I had an underground clubhouse in Jean Durrant's backyard. It was really dusty and had a wooden roof. We even put carpet inside. My clubhouse was a great escape!

Anonymous said...

Club house now is right! You demand to have a club house in your own back yard. I know your dad has the $60.00 to help you out. Hey forget the underground house and do one on the lawn and have a club hut. I expect to see it this weekend. Up and ready to play in when I arrive with Jolene. I think she may want to sleep in your hut! That would be so cool!! Love you! Keep up the with the great ideas! Granny D.

Anonymous said...

That sounds pretty cool!! I'll have to show Zac & Isaac this blog tomorrow, they are sleeping right now. :) They will be so excited to comment on your stuff. Love ya tons!!

p.s. I LOVE club houses! The ones we made were built inside the house using LOTS of blankets, chairs, pillows and whatever else helped hold it up. I'm sure your dad has told you all about it, if not ask him. ;)

Anonymous said...

Hey Bud! I'm sorry the whole "building a hut in your backyard" dilema has been so frustrating! Want me to talk to the Mayor of American Fork to see if he'd call the Mayor of Henderson? Maybe he could convince your Mayor to give you special permission to build your hut...because you are so cool!!! Think about it....

Anonymous said...

Looks more like Parker is saying, "You bettah not make-ah me Mad-uh." (italian mobster/gangster accent)

Please don't use this look with Aunt Ku Mei; I'll melt into smithereens! Love you guys!

bearclaw said...

Hey bud you look way too mad. There are lots of ways to make a hut. You can get a big box, make a frame and cover it with a tarp or blankets, or find a secret place in your house, use your imagination. Grandma is bringing your antelope horns Saturday. Be kind of careful the nose bones can break pretty easy. Gracies are in the box too. I love and miss you. Grandsterdoodle.

Anonymous said...

Parker, it was great to hear what you learned in school about building houses. No wonder you want one of your own. You are one smart dude and will figure a way to make a club house. Lots of things can work but the important part is that you do it yourself and it is all yours! Do you think Kate will stay out? I don't know about that! She is pretty determined when she wants to be. I miss all of you so much! Aaron, Caitlin and I are heading down to St. George this weekend. I wish that we could all see you but I don't think that we will make it to Henderson. But you will have other visitors this weekend so have fun with your granny d and Aunt Jolene. Maybe you will be able to see Christian too.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails